The importance of transducers in fishing can never be denied. It is a modern invention for makes it convenient for anglers. Transducers help read and access provided information.
It makes the vision clear and visible to reach its target. Kayaking is easy when you know how to mount/fit the fish finder transducer.
Mounting a fish finder transducer requires careful effort. There are a variety of ways and ideas that are useful to mount the transducer perfectly.
But also there are some rules or certain guidelines that need to get followed. Kayaking and efficient fishing can be done by achieving your objectives when you mount it with a kayak.
Here in this article, we will discuss the ideas and procedure to mount a fish finder transducer on a kayak. The fish finder itself plays a crucial role in fishing which is beneficial for catching your favorite fishes, placing it with your kayak would be ultra-effective. Let’s have a look below to find out more information:
A little Brief About Transducer
If you’re a newbie visiting this article, you need to know what is transducer and how it functions. A transducer is a supportive tool attached to a fish finder that helps the anglers to receive the required information from the depth of water.
The main function is to transform the electrical impulses into sound waves which are highly beneficial for the receiver. These sound waves then after getting hit with water again get converted into electrical impulses and identify the inside water creature to help the fishermen catch its target.
So this transducer holds great value in the fishing journey and the role of the transducer has been vital in modern fishing.
How to Mount Fishfinder Transducer?
It is extremely simple yet easy and ultra-effective without any complicated process. First of all, you need to do is to rinse it well with the help of alcohol. Replacing alcohol you can also use petrol or any soft drink to clean it and make it shinier. Then with the assistance of waterproof silicon, you can hold and place it in the kayak.
Make sure that no air particles would remain inside otherwise, the idea will flop. You need to set it the way which must be airtight. There is a plastic build transducer both of these materials protect the transducer and provide the expected results.
Now after the completion of mounting the fish finder, another step is to fix it with glue. It’s also important for extra protection and a firm grip.
The most appropriate method is to fix it with a glue gun through a hull to join well. It will also benefit as it will not replace or removed out. It will be immovable and you can’t dispatch it. The quality of glue used in this method must be of a high standard to provide a strong grip.
One thing which must be taken into consideration is that installing base or provided plates must be taken out before applying glue in a transducer otherwise both of them will get stuck to them and the whole idea will get worthless. These little precautionary steps are there to carefully look for. Base or plates are used for other purposes so they must be removed.
Another quite beneficial quality factor is that all the material used in its handling and mounting is easily accessible because all these materials can be found in your home.
If not, you can find it at any nearest shop. This advantage is rare and interesting because sometimes, the lack of availability of material creates so many difficulties. So, you don’t need to worry about the arrangement of material in this case.
Step-by-step Guide for Fixing It
The required material in this whole process is already been discussed above. Silicon must be waterproof because water can’t be added to it. Any type of alcohol or similar category another substitute can be taken. A magic marker is also required along with a tissue roll or a towel piece.
The optional object is the sponge that can be used to absorb access alcohol for maintaining cleanliness. Let’s have a look at the process with steps:
- First of all, you need to find out the specific place or particular spot for the transducer which is unreachable for the gear and feet area. This is to be carefully monitored to prevent future hurdles. Without finding that area to continue the further procedure, the whole procedure will collapse and you need to restart the work of mounting the fish finder.
- The cable of the transducer must be able to grip the unit to where mounting needs to get done. This cable must be dusty and free from any liquid particles. Also, they must possess a certain speed and efficiency to reach towards the target.
- The next step is cleanliness, which is mandatory. Cleanliness enhances its overall life span and provides improved quality. All the electronic items must be used with ensured cleaning to keep them performing for a longer period.
- For this purpose, the ideal object is using alcohol but if it’s not available, then any other similar working acidic liquid can also be used. Make sure to rinse it thoroughly to remove any toxic chemicals or dust particles.
- Then, the magic marker is used to put marks on the place where mounting needs to get done. Any regular ordinary marker can’t be used for this purpose because it can be rubbed out for not being permanent. It can be easily found in stationary outlets.
- It is specifically designed and used for this purpose. With the help of this magic marker, you can easily evaluate where to mount and how much with a clear indication.
- Now after putting a visible mark, the other step is to cover or replenish the whole area with waterproof silicon. Make sure that the waterproof silicon must be covered with a thick layer to make a stronger grip. The more you apply its quantity, the greater will be the chance that it will stick last longer.
- The main purpose of waterproof silicon is to provide extreme coverage and makes it smoothly arranged. This coverage is extremely effective for overall placement and grip.
- Now the other task is to cover the middle of the surface of the transducer with a thick waterproof silicon layer after completion of the previous area. Keep in mind that every step must be followed with this sequence you can’t place a thick silicon layer on the bottom of the transducer before.
- Silicon is an essential ingredient in this process that can’t be substituted. Also, you have to put it in a great quantity to provide extra effective coverage.
- Now gently and slowly press the transducer into the place of mounting. When you ensured that you have placed a wide amount of silicon inside it, then the other step is to move it towards its destined place. This step leads you towards the completion of the whole process.
- With gentle placement, one thing you need to ensure is that it must be in a rotational position to make sure that strong bonding between all the above materials used.
- This strong composition is important to know whether the base you have made enough to handle the pressure or not.
- Another worth considering aspect that you can’t neglect is that the whole placement must be airtight. Not a single air bubble would be entered into it.
- The reason for this extra care is that if the air goes into it, its sticky posture will affect and it will not produce quality results.
- Now for more support and proper working, you can also use a sponge to absorb the additional waste or liquid which can be dropped on the floor and creates a messy look all around. This is optional to ensure extra cleanliness.
This whole procedure will be quite useful and effective when you apply it practically, it has no complicated or technical work. A simple and user-friendly guideline is given to you. If you follow it as it is written, you will surely find it easier to mount your fish finder in a kayak.
Additionally, many other ways don’t include glue or sticky formulas. But this one is practical, reliable, and trusted. Also, this method can help you get the benefit for a long time with little effort and investment.
Different Tips for Mounting a Fish Finder
First of all, mounting can be done perfectly only when you mount it in its ideal place. In every kayak, there is a specific place that provides an ideal spot for mounting, all you need to do is to identify such an area. Once you click it, it will not be a difficult task for you anymore. For your ease, we have five main crucial spots in a kayak that are great for mounting a fish finder and give an incredible performance with doubled efficiency. Let’s discuss them below:
- Mounting by the hull is the ideal place that you can easily find it in a kayak. Identifying the place where the hull is located is not that difficult, it is an appropriate place to make respective arrangements for mounting.
- Another suitable place for mounting is through the scupper holes. Scupper holes are not common as other methods. Also, it is a unique idea to make holes with the help of a drilling machine. Often this technique is applied when the kayak itself doesn’t hold any holes or spots for mounting. Scupper holes can provide better mounting facilities but the hole must not be too large.
- Sidearm mounting is also one of the most adopted and preferred methods in this regard. This method is suitable when you do kayaking with paddles. Otherwise, it will not benefit you. Sidearm mounting itself means that the installation is done on the sides of the kayak to provide a better view and makes paddling easier for anglers.
- Portable suction cup installation is also a great option. It allows a flexible and slight sucking cup-like tube to provide maximum support. You can adopt any option by gathering detailed information from many resources to know which option suits your kayaking.
- Last but not the least, we have kayak-specific mounting which is above all of them. Kayak-oriented mounting technique has enabled the angler to adopt the method as per the classification or quality of the kayak.
- It’s highly important to recognize the level of your kayak to evaluate which method can be suitable for your kayak. Because every kayak is differently designed for specific fishing types and particular conditions surely they must possess different characteristics so mounting techniques must differ accordingly.
- The ideal way of mounting is kayak-specific mounting which is done as per the suitability of the kayak.
One thing that is also noticeable is drilling your kayak for mounting can be riskier and somehow damaging too. So if you are trying to do so, make sure to take expert help or try to switch on any other option if you’re not professional.
The quality feature of installing or mounting these fish finders is that you can easily remove out from the transducer after coming from fishing.
This technique can help to increase its estimated life. These materials are portable and can be broken down into several parts. It provides an ease to carry it along with you anywhere.
All these above-mentioned ways are equally compatible and realistic. But thorough research is needed to adopt any of them. Fish finder mounting can give you more convenience and makes the whole fishing experience tremendous.
It’s different and updated from the traditional boating system. Using it brings a lot of great activities added to your angling experience.
Mounting a fish finder transducer in a kayak takes a whole process which has been discussed above. You have been provided a whole installation guide with different steps and ways to implement your kayaks.
Also, you can be aware of those crucial points which are necessary to be taken into consideration. Furthermore, the importance of transducer and fish finder for kayaking has also been highlighted.